Currently, the UK government is preparing economic recovery plans as we look to emerge from the Covid19 pandemic. This climate coalition are making people aware that this provides a unique window of opportunity to let politicians know that the UK’s recovery plan must tackle the climate and debt crises facing the world’s poorest countries.
Will you join thousands across the UK and speak to your MP on Tuesday 30 June as part of the first ever 'virtual lobby'?
As global inequality is laid bare by the pandemic we are all invited, by the coalition, to speak up for a fairer and more sustainable future for all of creation.
"We need to tell politicians that #TheTimeIsNow to put a healthy, greener, fairer future at the heart of plans to rebuild a strong economy."
How to be involved:
- Register with the climate coalition, to take part in the ‘The Time is Now’ Virtual Lobby on Tuesday 30 June 2020
- Download and read this lobby guide for instructions on what to do
- Set up a virtual meeting with your MP (remember to put your address in your email to verify you are a constituent)
- Send your MP the New Deal for Climate Justice briefing.
"Let’s join together as the church and cry out for justice and a world in which everyone can live life in all its fullness."
As a result of the lobby the Climate Coalition wants to see:
"The UK Government spark a green, just and resilient recovery from the COVID-19 crisis. To champion an increase in global support via debt relief and grants to the most vulnerable communities hit by COVID-19 and the climate crisis."
They are calling on MP's to write to Prime Minister, Boris Johnson and call for the UK Government to:
- Champion debt cancellation and an increase in grants to the world’s poorest communities to enable them to build their resilience to both the COVID-19 and climate crises.
- End all UK public finance for fossil fuels overseas shifting instead to renewable, efficient energy access for poor communities