The Diocesan Synod will meet between 9.15am and 1pm on Saturday 14 November 2020. Owing to restrictions related to Covid19, the Synod will once again meet using Zoom and it will not be a full day meeting.
The Diocesan Synod meets once again at a time when our global and national situation is changing every day. Governments, organisations, families and the Church are adapting constantly in response. In that context, the Synod will receive an update on issues affecting the Church of England and the impact of COVID19.
But the Synod will also look back, and forward. Looking back to reflect on progress and what we have learnt from the 2016-20 Strategic Plan, the Resourcing churches and our response to the Climate Emergency over the last year.
And looking forward, considering financial plans for the year ahead in order that the Synod might approve the Bristol DBF’s expenditure for 2021 and how, across our, we will go about discovering our vision and priorities for the future through the Transforming Church project in 2021.
The Archbishops have called us to pray and we will pray together at this Synod. Please continue to pray for the Church, our communities, nation and world as we look forward to this Synod.
4. Environment and Climate Justice report
5. Resourcing Churches in the Diocese of Bristol
6. 'Creating connections': Review of the 2016-20 Strategic Plan
7. A message from the Bishop of Bristol - Transforming church
8. Bishop’s Council report, 9 September 2020 and 15 October 2020
8b. Diocesan Synod Elections 2021 – 2024: Proposed Formula Calculations
10. 2021 Budget, Bristol Diocesan Board of Finance Ltd